07-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #54
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Houston gets highs as low as high 80's some days in the summer...usually mid 90's = Places like Yuma are OVER 100 every single day (often reaching 110-115) starting late May till the end of September.
again, i was stationed there - that heat is weak sauce.

it's all dry - you can't even feel it. the reason why i was stationed there was because i knew a guy that i went to bootcamp with. we both got stationed for our "schooling" in North Carolina after boot camp.

he was miserable out there - he hated it and said it was shittier than Yuma because he was born and raised there.

at that time i didn't know there was even a city that existed called Yuma. he said it was on the border of where California, Mexico and Arizona meet (in the desert).

anyways, even he said that it felt hotter and shittier in NC's humidity than in Yuma - and he's never even been to Houston - can you imnagine how hot that guy would be here in Houston !?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
One other thing...when you have a breeze where it's humid...which you often do there...
a breeze in Houston !?!? are you kidding me !?!?

that's the reason why people say that the humidity is WORSE than Florida because Florida at least gets a breeze - Texas' winds are almost non existent.

i can clearly tell you're not a Houstonian........

educate yourself kid......

Quote:
All of Florida and the Texas Gulf Coast, along with the coastal parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, and some other coastal areas of the Southeast could claim the right to hold the USA's annual humidity festival.

If you want to get really picky, Key West, Fla., has the best technical claim to being the USA's humidity capital, at least among places with long-term weather observations.

But, even though Key West is slightly more humid, on the average in the summer than Houston, you are more likely to feel the humidity more in downtown Houston as you rush from one air-conditioned building to another than if you were sitting outdoors in the breeze next to the water, shaded from the sun, sipping a drink in Key West.

and this is why i was able to play basketball in 112 degree heat in Yuma Arizona. i wouldn't even dare try it in Houston. hell, it's only 10AM here and i wouldn't try it

Quote:
Humans are sensitive to humid air because the human body uses evaporative cooling as the primary mechanism to regulate temperature. Under humid conditions, the rate at which perspiration evaporates on the skin is lower than it would be under arid conditions. Because humans perceive the rate of heat transfer from the body rather than temperature itself, we feel warmer when the relative humidity is high than when it is low.

Some people experience difficulty breathing in high humidity environments. Some cases may possibly be related to respiratory conditions such as asthma, while others may be the product of anxiety. Sufferers will often hyperventilate in response, causing sensations of numbness, faintness, and loss of concentration, among others.
Appreciate 0