View Single Post
      08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #311
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama
I am not implying a 328 is "slow" but we are in a supercharging thread and people are begging for a supercharger so doesn't that imply they obviously admit their cars are in need of more power? So that makes no sense. They are fun out of the box. I had a 330 and loved every second of it.

My point is if you are standing up for your car, than just enjoy it for what it is like I did. Enjoy the silky inlin 6 with great power delivery and great driving dynamics. Don't long for more power or FI in a car that was not designed to do so. Sure its possible but my point is if it is purely more power you long for, than the 328 is not the car for you. Not saying you should get a 335 (I wouldn't) but rather enjoy the car for what it does very well.

If that is not enough for any of you than my point was in that case instead of supercharging go get a factory tuned turbo.

If I could have I would have kept the 330 and the m3 and enjoyed them each for what they do best. I loved driving the 330 in comparison to the 335 so that is why I don't get why people want to boost their 328/330 instead of just enjoying their great driving dynamics and instant throttle response. BUT if that is not enough for you than bail and go for a different car because its not the platform to be looking for a ton of power and that is why NO company has offered a solution for FI
You know that with an sc, the car will have exactly the same feel and throttle response, due to how the dc works? Right?

In fact due to the boost it would feel somewhat better and more responsive

The reason why no one has done it still a stated here and elsewhere is the ecu sucks ass to tune.
Appreciate 0