View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #109
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
That's exactly the point. People have different needs/wants = different computers. After using Windows ever since I was a kid, I've only converted to the Mac side 2 years ago, yet I enjoy every bit of it.

Yes, it is a closed system, but this is something that I prefer over PC. Apple has developed a full ecosystem for ALL of their products (Mac OSX + iOS play very well together) that I much prefer (set it and forget it). I used to be in the PC camp where I can customize to my liking, but recently I just want a machine and not worry about any of those things. Everything that I do with my iphone, ipad, and mac is very well integrated that I don't worry about compatibility issues.

Do I game? No. Most intensive stuff that I do is dealing with digital photography. The Mac side is well suited for my tastes. Not only that, their products are extremely well made from an industrial design standpoint. Expensive? Of course, but in my perspective it is well worth my money.

As for PC? I never had an issue with. I loved XP and after using my gf's laptop for a little bit (win 7) I wouldn't have an issue with the current OS either (extremely stable). I really don't get fanboys arguing over which one is better since both sides have different appeals to different people.

That being said about the whole ecosystem thing, I'm extremely excited over Windows 8. Pushing for a compatible PC OS + mobile OS can only be a good thing for Microsoft. If there is any company that can compete with OSX/iOS it is Windows 8. Sorry, not an Android fan here.
I hear ya and it's refreshing to hear a Mac user that doesn't hate or think PC's suck. As far as quality, it's true that Mac's are built well. On the other hand as someone pointed out before you get the same level of quality from high end or business computers. I personally use nothing but Thinkpad's as my laptop. They are powerful, and just truck.

It's all the same hardware. Mac's are PC's! They have the same Intel processors, the same memory, hard drives, audio/video/network cards etc. They are just wrapped in different packages and have a different OS.
Appreciate 0