Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz335i View Post
Good to see some new faces today.

Well done to Mega for winning the 1/4 mile diesel category

Did my best time today, despite the strong head wind.
Although not my best 60ft and previous top speed of 111.2mph.

12.8s @ 107.4mph

Fantastic result Boz, well happy for you mate.. I noticed your times at the end of the day getting quicker and quicker and it's great to see you in the 12's pal. Judging by your 60ft time, you must of pinged the launch on that run
How many runs did you do in the end..

It's quite ironic that the ones who think the wind had no affect on the results yesterday are the ones that weren't in attendance.. I can tell you now that it did, as I and just about every person I spoke to on the day that has run the strip before found the same. The terminal speeds on the day were significantly lower than normal (for everyone), but that goes hand in hand with the headwind. The wind did drop as the day went on 4pm onwards, so that may of helped some of the tail enders I suppose.
For those who did equal/improve on their best time, but had a lower terminal speed (like Boz for example), just check their 60ft time. Boz has significantly reduced his 60ft time on his best run (by 0.2-0.3) which will dramatically reduce his ET. However, his terminal speed is lower due to the wind (it will also reduce slightly due to the better launch also).
I myself got my best launch/60ft time ever in the 1er on my first run of the day. This resulted in me equalling my best ET but with a terminal speed some 4mph less than normal Just need to replicate that launch on another day with better conditions..

Mega - Nice to meet you briefly chap. Great results for the 335d on the day and well done on the trophy
I could of sworn you ran a quicker terminal speed than 104mph..? (could be wrong though )

Anyway, I echo other comments with regards the day. I had a great day out (as usual), was a really great show and met a lot of new people.

Last edited by Vtec Abuser; 09-17-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0