Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elim11
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
I got the idea of a diy PE down!
I think hahaha!
But for real tho, E90POST!! Get ready for a $250 diy PE!!!! Hahaha.
I hope I start a revolution after Wednesday (when my car goes in)
Bc 1400+ for a pair of mufflers is insane!
Are you going to keep full insulation? I believe tomz removed all the insulation inside the muffler.
Tomz did remove it all and basically did a muffler delete inside the muffler. Which sounds nice. But I don't think it's close to the PE. What my plan is; cut open the top, remove all the piping section with the perforated holes and put solid piping in place. Use half of the packing since it might help with unwanted vibrations (if any) and it will help with heat transfer to the car/trunk area. Then the only thing that is my issue is the little muffler or resonator on the driver side, but I have a feeling that's used for more space for extra exhaust flow to go back thru the mufflers h or y pipe when the "flapper" is closed basically giving more space to alleviate the extra pressure. I'm gonna take a look inside to see exactly what's in there. If what I think is correct I'm leaving that as it is bc it won't cause any difference.

The PE has no perforated holes at all inside the muffler on the piping. So I think this could be it. My fingers are crossed. Ill have pictures and videos of course to confirm it all. I need someone with Catless DP's in the wi/IL area to meet up and compare sounds. Hopefully it's the same then everyone will save money and time and be extra happy hahaha

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0