View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
doublins
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

I´m looking for a little help, because I´m worried that the sirius receiver I picked up off of ebay might be a dud-

My ´09 E92 already had sat prep, so I installed the bracketry and the reciever, added $655 to V.O. and removed $693, then I changed SDARS to activ in the 2URAD (No CAPPL in my car).

The problem is, when I route the MOST cables to the sirius tuner (doing it with ignition on so i can see the light paths at the MOST junction)- when I connect the MOST cable that feeds the optical signal TO the satellite unit, so the red light in the cable arrives at the sirius unit, once I plug the power/MOST connector into the satellite unit, it does not complete the fiber optic circuit and the light does not make the round trip back to the most block. Why?

I checked the connector and I do have a 12V signal at the power connector.

Any advice on what to try next? Because the unit won´t complete the MOST circuit by sending the light back to the junction block, it renders the whole audio system inoperable unless I unplug the optical cables and re-connect the original MOST configuration. I´m assuming that the unit, if operating properly, would propogate the MOST signal back out on the other fiber optic cable.

Help?

I´m pretty technically savvy, so don´t be afraid to be specific in your advice.

-Chris
Appreciate 0