blaknite7
NewB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax1984 View Post
It does. =\

Can you(or anyone, for that matter) suggest a reasonably priced cable that is known to work with BMW software?
I bought this cable for 25.50 on ebay (free shipping) and it has worked on my 07 E90 and 09 E70. Interestingly enough my E90 is before the 03/2007 production date and the cable still works. The cable came with software (INPA) though I didn’t use that. That being said I had a hell of a time (literally 2 weeks) of dinking around to get INPA to connect to my cars. I tried 5 versions of software, daten files, new file servers, drivers… if you can name it, I tried it. It comes down to getting the right drivers and MAKING SURE the port is selected correctly during install AND on the COM menu in windows. The software on this thread DOES work (so I just saved you half the battle there). I have to find the link for the drivers I used…(at work now and links are at home).

Finding the cable:
Search for exactly this on ebay: “BMW INPA/Ediabas K+D CAN USB Interface BMW OBD2 EOBD DCAN Scanner Brand New”
I bought the one that shows just the OBD2 cable and small disk, 25 bucks, sold by “electradecentre”.
Its coming from china so be patient, but mine only took just over 2 weeks to arrive.
I was able to do my injectors and a bunch of coding on both cars. Once you get it all working, the coding part is pretty easy!
Appreciate 0