View Single Post
      12-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #72
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBeck View Post
Agree on the color of the tacks, probably is not using a shielding gas with the TIG or perhaps just using a MIG. This is a prototype, and he is working on fitment- so weld quality on the tacks likely is not a very large concern at the moment. Same on the abrupt changes/etc in regards to this being a prototype and absolute production level perfection is not quite required yet. He needs to remain focused on some of the remaining problems; like induction/inlet tubes, actuator placement, compressor housing orientation, compressor outlet piping, water pump and plumbing fitments, etc. and then actual real world testing... things such as those are more important than tacks and some slightly undesirable abrupt changes that can be tidied up later.

As for the more expensive, he said he will try to keep prices as low as possible. Some (or alot really) of consumers would be willing to pay for a true twin setup such as this pending results.

Also typically it would be harder to work on, but so far it appears he has something that would not be too complicated as long as the subframe is dropped (which some prefer to do anyway on installs).

It is looking really good in my eyes, just a few hurdles left really.

Rob
Yo Rob, thanks for the nod, we have already done the housing orientation, charge piping is almost done, water pump is figured out, just need to do the water pipe, and actuators. Gonna go with filters on the turbos for the prototype kit because we really want to get it on the road. I shouldn't have even answered the other guy. I just get frustrated. Its easy for people to knock something when they are not building it.

EDIT: this was supposed to read "nod" not "no"
Appreciate 0