Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
One thing I see frequently around here is people driving with their rear fog light(s) on all the time. I usually see it on Audi's with the single rear fog light that is much brighter than the tail lights. It makes me wonder what these drivers are thinking. Maybe they think it is cool to have their fog lights on all the time, or they are comepletely clueless when they see the buttons on the dash and think one is for the front driver's side fog light, and the other is for the front passenger side fog light. Either way, it is quite annoying driving behind a car with a bright rear fog light when the conditions aren't foggy.
I'd also like to add rear foglights to my shit list. I can see why BMW doesn't activate that button on US cars...

The problem with Audi's and Mercedes is they use a different type of switch for the foglights. On our cars we press a button to the side of the headlight knob, but on Audi's and Merc's you actually pull out the knob to activate the lights. Pull to the first little indent and you get front. Pull harder and it hits the second indent and activates the rear. Most people are too stupid to realize the little yellow light on the dash means rear fogs and just pull the switch all the way out.