resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
where did you get your trunk? really like how it seems pushed out without the high rise i see with most, come up with anything for the drop?

any worries about water in the hood vents? i heard the vorsteiners were getting cracks at the vents from the heat :l
The trunk lid is actually from Z Shift. I know a lot of people had issues with them before they went out of business, but I must have gotten a "good" one I like it because it looks a little different than the ones you usually see, like you said. I'm not sure who sells them currently, or if they are even still available.

And no, no issues with water getting into the hood vents. The driver side vent is right over the DCI, too, but most of the water channels down over the microfilter housing and around the sides, from what I can see. The only time I covered up the vents was during a snow storm, just to be safe since I didn't want snow and ice sitting under my hood.

And almost all of these hoods crack or warp eventually. It's the nature of the materials they're made out of. My current hood has not cracked yet, but it does warp a bit depending on temperature. The body shop did not do a great job installing it, which I think contributed to the problems. Oh well. I can live with it until I find something I like better.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0