Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Going full catless with a muffler delete would be pretty gnarly, IMO just too much noise for a BMW. I’ll advocate for Berk Midpipes all day, they’re one of the best mods I’ve made to my car, and I couldn’t be happier with them. They fit perfectly, don’t cost an arm and a leg, and REALLY do a nice job of cutting out drone and rasp. I’m 100% catless with one of the more aggressive axle-back sections on the market, and the midpipes cut out virtually all drone and rasp. When I just had the axle-back, it droned far worse than my current setup. I think they’d work very well with your car, you’d get a more exotic and refined tone up top, and it would certainly cut out a lot of the deep drone you’re dealing with now, though as you’ve found out a muffler delete will always have some drone. As far as welding resonators into the stock mids, Vibrant is well known and I know there are people here who have run them with 0 issues. If you keep your OE midpipes I’d suggest cutting out the secondary cats (useless) and replacing them with the resonators. Having the resonators also makes it easier if you decide to go full catless, as you don’t have to worry about the significant rasp they introduce.

Yes it is. I heard one this week end and I wanted to cry for what he did to the poor car

TMPS Sensor 09+ For Sale
x1 Seat Belt For Sale
Appreciate 0