03-08-2013, 03:32 AM   #54
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
So it's barely bedded in. I remember the first trip I took after it was fitted and I was like OMG - a tad on the heavy side and it took full concentration not to stall it or do a smooth start. Doing a quick getaway at a set of lights was tricky for the first 5-7K and it's only now that it's getting more controllable. I'm not too worried about welding it as I don't do any drag starts, but in hindsight it's maybe a bit much to expect the OEM DMF to take the abuse of 500BHP/700NM. Definitely something to think about if I go down the RB route.
It is barely bedded in but it is a nightmare to drive in start stop traffic. The ACT I had was almost as heavy so that isn't the problem. In fact I'm a bit miffed after seeing the HPF youtube video and their 'smooth as butter' BS. I got caught up in the hype of the ACT and then the HPF, and was put off by stories from Spec users on other platforms. Looking back, it seems I've fecked up quite bad when it comes to clutches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Have you got access to a lift as I would find doing this on axle stands a bit tricky. Man handling the gearbox is a two man job. Isn't the idle a map thing or can you do this in INPA? With COBB I would think that this shouldn't be too hard. I got a COBB sitting on my shelf ready to be fitted as soon as I have fitted my ER oil cooler and a few other bits.
I've got access to a lift and tools on the weekends and managed to do it within a day last time which was my first ever clutch change. This time around it should be much easier. As far as I know, INPA is the only way to change the idle speed but I've definitely heard it has been done. Once all this is done then I'm going to fabricate my own Setrab Oil Cooler setup in place of the OEM one.

Fingers crossed guys but it looks like I've found a Spec flywheel so will be doing my own import.
Appreciate 0