View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

I bought a set of these a while back just to see what they looked like. The exterior welds were not bad but the inside construction was pretty awful. I spent about 2 hours with a dremel just smoothing out the areas around the O2 sensor bungs and some big sharp ridges on places where pipe sections met near the bells.

Eventually I just set them aside as the flow coming out of the turbo and into one of the bells looked so compromised (super tight angle @ the mouth) I just did not want to install it. Did not come with gaskets either, some shitty hardware. For the price they are not bad, basic materials (304 SS I guess) are no worse than any of the other lower priced DP's.

Ended up buying a set of VRSF's which do not look a whole lot different at first glance, but the inside diameter is closer to 3" at the top and most of the length (steps/tapers diam down about 2/3 way) , and the inner welds & pipe segment construction looks to flow much better. Plus came with nice gaskets and hardware.

The VRSF do not have the little exterior bracket on them but I doubt those are necessary.
Appreciate 0