View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #18
BMW Lawman
Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
I'm pushing 126,000 miles on my original rotors and pads. Starting at about 80,000 miles I started checking the rotor thickness myself because it didn't seem right that my original brakes were still good. Even today, my original rotors are slightly above minimum thickness and my pad sensors haven't been activated.

I ordered a new set of fronts and rears from getbmwparts.com just because, nothing lasts forever right? My new front rotors show the same minimum thickness as the originals on my car, 22.4mm. I measured the new rotors and they are 23.97mm according to my micrometer. So......over 6 years and 125K, I have lost about 1.5mm of rotor thickness on my OEMs. Can't wait to compare my original pads with my new pads to see how much they have worn. I'll try and post some measurements and pics.

And yes, I am a spirited driver who combines an equal amount of highway and stop and go city driving. Who cares about a little extra brake dust when the brakes last for 125k!! And before I get a bunch of replies saying you had to replace your brakes at 25k, 30k or 50k......did you actually measure the rotors and look at the pads yourself, or did you blindly rely on the stealerships recommendation?