04-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Crimson Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtex View Post
Brand new car... What would you choose and why?

I am personally favoring a touchless wash but I am a little bit concerned if those chemicals (possibly aggressive) they use in there could damage the paint. I don't trust regular wash very much either as it could scratch the car if the dirt is not properly washed out of the cleaning tools.

What would be your thoughts?
Amtex,

Greetings. I too have recently acquired a new 335is. I typically wash my own cars and have found Griot's Garage products to work as advertise. I don't have any interest in the company whatsoever, just use their products and have been extremely satisfied.

I agree with you and your concerns about (dirt not properly washed out). I'm sure there are a few quality car wash owners in your area. If you pull up and there are nothing but 1974 Vega's in line...be cautious. However, if there are other high end cars, e.g., Lexus, BMW, Porsche, MB, etc. I would think it's a pretty reputable shop.

You may consider a very close inspection after each wash. Check for towel marks, swirl marks, etc. If disappointed, move on.

Semper Fi
Appreciate 0