View Single Post
      05-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #95
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I was only saying because we've known several people who have signed up for Miamiman thinking that it was going to be a beautiful setting. It's not. The course was not near the water and not in a particularly nice part of town. The swim (when we were there, not sure if it's changed) was 2 loops in a retention pond that they called a lake and the bike course is straight roads with several 90 degree turns through some crappy neighborhoods and farm land. My wife said people were driving by them yelling obscenities at the racers because of the traffic back ups. The run was the best part because it goes through the zoo and is a nice setting. However, the run offered little to no shade and you have to watch out for the zoo patrons walking around. It's not a bad race, but there are several more that are better. I did win a bike pump from one of the vendors for guessing the correct weight of a bowl of coffee beans. Score!
Thanks again for the information. I was pretty familiar with the course and saw there was nothing spectacular with it. And yes, I had heard you have to watch out for the patrons. The benefit of this race is that I can make sales calls with my sales engineer while down there. But again, it is nice to have first hand information.
Appreciate 0