mister_jp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi jb4

I have done everything alright but it as changé nothing

Do you think I bend the brake pad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
I have the Geomet Crossdrilled/slotted rotors with Akebono Ceramic pads and there is absolutley no shaking/vibration - smooth as can be.

Hawk HPS pads require a special 'bedding' procedure for them to work smoothly - essentially, the bedding procedure transfers pad material to the rotor in the correct manner - simply taking it EZ on the braking for a while after install like told to you by your mechanic is NOT the correct way to bed the pads

You may have uneven pad material transfer to your rotors - which would act like wavvy 'hump' unevenly distributed around the rotors - hence the shaking as the pads travel over these 'humps'.

Only way to fix this is to entirely clean the rotor braking surface of any pad material & bed-in the pads correctly.

You can find the specific bedding procedure on the Hawk site, or as follows:

Bed-In Instructions
  1. After installing new brake pads, make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 30-35 mph applying moderate pressure.
  2. Make an additional 2 to 3 hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 mph.
  3. DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
  4. Allow 15 minutes for brake system to cool down.
  5. After step 4 your new pads are ready for use.

Never allow the car to come to a complete stop during the above - if you do, excess pad material will be deposited in one lump under the pad - resulting in uneven deposition.

Also, according to Hawk as how to remove/clean old deposition from rotors:

If discs do not need resurfacing, then contamination from the previous brake pads must be removed. Sand discs with 130 grit sandpaper using moderate pressure. Use soap and water to clean discs’ surface after sanding and machining. Discs should be free and clear of oil, grease, and brake fluid.
Appreciate 0