CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Still... I don't mean to be mean. They do this for free (well, for the cost of the track day), and some of them come from FAR, so the last thing I'd want to do is be unappreciative in any way. I dunno. It's a very fine line as far as I'm concerned. I'll write something, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Behind the scenes BMW Club wants you to be as critical (constructively) as you can be. It will help BMW Club cultivate the new/next generation of instructors and retool the existing ones.
Agreed.

We now have a new training program for new instructors. It has only started about 3 years ago. Before, as long as you were decent at driving and reasonably quick you could become an instructor. With the new program, candidates need to go through a 1 to 2 year training plan that focuses much more on teaching skills and communication. You also need to be good at feeling the car from the passenger seat and figure out what is not right. Attitude is also very important. Not everyone passes. It is not because you are a good driver that you can be a good teacher or coach. I feel the later promoted instructors are much better prepared.

So yes, your feedback is important so we can progressively weed out the less competent instructors and improve the overall quality of our HPDEs
Appreciate 0