11-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
odariel
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: M3 DKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
You could get this done pretty cheaply at a local race shop if you wanted. Just cut the lines going to the factory cooler, press on AN fittings, run those lines to the new core that you mount however you like.

They probably aren't going to do kits this way because there's very little hardware required other than the core itself, so little profit for a shop. Just go get it done locally, its not a difficult job.

The reason for the upgraded lines and fittings on the oil filter housing is the factory fittings and lines are rather small and don't flow that much oil. But it should still work ok - certainly better than the stock cooler.
Ok i see... thanks for the info.. If i were to buy the stett, since i am in europe... with delivery, import taxes, etc. it would be a bit over 1.600$... a bit too much for an oil cooler to be honest...

I got a low thermostat from BMS... let's see if it brings any improvements... (i highly doubt it)..

But you pointed out something i didn't know... the insuficient oil flow due to small lines and filter housing... Then i don't think it will make sense to improve only the core... That would only solve part of the problem, and it would be very likely that my temps would remain high...
Appreciate 0