11-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #20
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
It is inescapable that BMW is making the cars needlessly complex (battery registration comes to mind as an example) and that their subcontractor suppliers have delievered less than reliable components which BMW is working to correct. I am not certain I will buy another BMW which I thought I would never say. Complexity for the sake of increasing BMW profits is my fear...
This!

The whole start & stop system is nothing more than a bad idea so they can boast better gas mileage numbers at the cost of a battery. My buddy in Hawaii has gotten three new batteries in one year!!!! BMW blames his driving habits too. Think about it, they sold this car in Hawaii.... How far do they expect him to drive to fully charge the car? Their solution... Use a trickle charger and disable the start / stop system. BUT then his gas mileage sucks! And gas is pricey in Hawaii.

Has anyone seen the CNBC show "BMW - A Driving Obsession"?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43395673/BMW_A_Driving_Obsession

It made me really want a BMW since it gave the illusion of quality engineering and great care in making a high quality vehicle. In the end, after buying a BMW, I realized it was just a sales pitch.
Appreciate 0