12-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #110
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
It's a 22% advantage in straight line speed vs a 3% disadvantage in turning composure. Doing one thing *slightly* better doesn't make it a better overall performer.
It's about a half second according to the various mags/sources that Inspired brought up. 4.5 vs 4.9-5.1. That is not a huge advantage on a track.

Honestly, have you actually logged track time before? I would hope so since you're a former Lotus owner. I'm not asking this to belittle you, but I have the feeling you severely under-estimate how much of an advantage a more composed care in terms of steering feel and suspension calibration would have over a car with a mere half second advantage 0-60.

I've literally seen C63 AMGs get dusted by Miata's at Buttonwillow track in California, and Buttonwillow has two significantly long straights on the 18th and 19th turns (2.7 mile configuration). Doesn't matter because the C63 AMG is too busy trying to keep its butt from the front, or its front from the wall, and the Miata is cleaving those corners like hot butter. What is the difference in 0-60 times between the 2 cars? It's like 4 seconds man.
Appreciate 0