View Single Post
      01-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #225
MDesmond
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Sedan 6MT

Newbie with a warranty did not do the charcoal delete but... the vid and posts were helpful. Thanks.

I changed the air filter to an AFE.

Hi

My car is a CPO 2009 328i 6MT (46k mi) that I purchased 4 weeks ago. It still has a year left on the bumper to bumper warranty, but that doesn't include trim items apparently, because my emblem flew off the hood and onto a Dallas freeway, and the SA said, "sorry, nope." So new emblem ordered from Tischer.

After reading on the forums and viewing on youtube, I ordered an AFE oiled filter. I had an oiled K&N on a 2001 Audi TT APR Tuned and Exhaust - that was the little engine that could ... and had no issues with the K&N over 50k mi with it.

I carefully took out the air box, cleaned it thoroughly, and dropped in the AFE. Re-installing seemed easier since I had cleaned off the dirt and grime with All Purpose and 303 Protectant. You do have to be sure to place your hand under the hose leading to the MAF to make certain you've got a tight seal.

I saw where the charcoal delete would be a relatively easy mod. It does look restrictive, but gosh, I don't want the dealer to blame me for doing anything more than an AFE Filter.

I also cleaned out the cabin filter and tidied up the engine. It's fun to do something besides the golf habit...

Thanks, guys.
Appreciate 0