01-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #174
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I hate to say this, but I think the bigger problem is that nobody except 2011 cars will be able to run this. I just don't know the market is there for you to recoup your costs. I saw over on N54Tech that terry said the backend flash is mandatory for upgraded turbos on N55, and the fact of the matter is that Cobb essentially came out and said they are giving up. The exact quote was, "I can't even see any light at the end of the tunnel on this project right now."

I would be thrilled to spend $2xxx and get 475whp, but that option just won't even be available to me thanks to lack of tuning.
Well that would be a bummer if nothing comes to light with the tuning beyond 2011. But due to lack of cores with the N55 I think it will be a limited market regardless. Either way we are going to proceed, think it will be good for the eligible consumers to have a choice to make which will only help them in the long run. We really would like to see a very affordable solution for the N55 guys who want stealth, low cost, and have the tuning support.

Rob
Appreciate 0