View Single Post
      02-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
stringy93
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay325i View Post
Just phoned Bowker Stringy, as its my nearest dealership, however like you - i could be looking at potential gearbox out cost, which i can't really afford with the GF's birthday / valentines coming up

Might just grin & bear it as it only really does it when its cold, or look into getting the CDV removed.
Yeah that's the only risk to it. If its only when cold you can always grin and bear it for abit longer, I just wanted mine doing before 60k incase they tried to put it down to wear and tear, I read on a forum somewhere 60k is when they start to put flywheels down to wear and tear items

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
My 320d has been unbearable this week with the cold weather especially with lots of short journey's, I was thinking of doing the same thing and giving Stratstone Leeds a ring, they have been great with me so far and have no complaints. How much was the gearbox removal Stringy? My car is similar mileage and I plan on keeping it for a while so want this fixing!!
Yeah give them a ring mate, Stratstone Leeds have been absolutely spot on as always, if they can get it on warranty for you they will. My local stealers are actually Stratstone Harrogate but I go further out of my way to Leeds because of there excellent service and willing to help. It was going to be about £300 inc vat for taking it out and putting it back in if no work was needed but it was a risk. Mine was 4 years old in December so it qualified for the '4 plus' reduced labour rate, if you cars newer it could be a little more. If you do end up having the new clutch and flywheel tho the difference is amazing, I didn't realise how ruined mine must have been until having the new one in

Garage: 318d msport, Mini one, Vw Crafter, Golf VR6
Appreciate 0