02-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #44
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
are wavetrac LSD owners reporting less noise or issues nowadays?
have they improved?
If you do some research, you'll find both wavetrac and quaife having their own share of complaints. There's a bit of partisanship about it, but if you do your research you'll see them both come up with issues. Some dealers do say wavetrac had issues in the past and now are ok, but if you dig below the surface they have no idea of root cause so for me that is not really a reliable source.

Mine has had some issues related to the install, which I think/hope now are fixed.

And while I don't mean to scare anyone (i do love the mod), the fact is that BMW machines the snap rings depending of the overall play of tolerances in the diff, and a new diff core will not match the exact dimensions of the old diff, same as another car's core diff dimensions will not match yours (and thus have different snap rings). Depending on the deviations, your shifting will be different. Mine was too, but somehow in time it settled (this last part I can't really explain).
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0