View Single Post
      05-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #53
MUFASA1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Mineral White Metall

Two recalls really

SO i went to look up my VIN for the Vanos issue and lookie here I have a pending Power Supply Recall, vanos am sure is coming up soon...POS
Anyone else have this???

March 2013 | Recall Campaign No. 13V-044
Power Supply System
Dear BMW Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

BMW AG has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain Model Year 2007-12 1 Series, 3 Series and Z4 vehicles. Our records indicate that you are the owner of a potentially affected vehicle.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM

This Recall involves the vehicle power supply system. The connection between the positive battery cable and the fuse box can wear over time. If the wear is excessive, then in most cases, this can cause a break in the electrical connection and create a non-starting condition in the vehicle.

In certain cases, it can also cause a momentary flickering of the display in the instrument cluster or a momentary (less than one second) engine shut down. The electrical system may also be completely interrupted during vehicle operation, and result in engine stalling and a loss of various vehicle systems that could increase the risk of a crash.

DESCRIPTION OF REPAIR

The positive battery cable connector will be replaced with an improved version.

The actual repair will require approximately two hours; however, additional time may be required depending on the BMW center's schedule. This work will be performed free of charge by your authorized BMW center.

Contact your authorized BMW center immediately to have the necessary repair performed as soon as possible.

For full details click below.
Appreciate 0