07-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #106
Strictly4Boosting
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Bmw 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by csupernova View Post
Strictly4boosting,

I just finished the VCG and took me almost 7 hours. I have 330I and you're correct regarding the differences between our car and 328i. Btw, in your picture you had those ignition coil wirings tucked away far from the engine. How did you do that? i struggled to keep those Wiring away so I can put the cover back on. It looks like when they are tucked away like you did it will be so much easier to put the cover back on.
Hey, I didn't see this Til now. It took me 2 days, because I had to power wash my valve cover, motor, exhaust manifold, and engine bay because I had oil all over. When I removed the bolts some of them were broken, so I had to extract them. What I did to get more leverage on the wiring, there is a small black plastic cover on the passenger side (near the suspension) popped that out. I believe there are two nuts and I unbolted it. Also removed connectors towards the front of the engine. This way you should be able to swing all the wires around to that upper right corner. For anyone doing this project, take your time because the space you have to work with isn't a lot. You need a lot of patience, especially if bolts are broken. If you guys have a store like Harbor Frieght, I would also recommend to pick up a extracting tool kit. You don't want to put the valve cover back with bolts broken. You won't be able to remove them with anything else. It took me over an hour to remove 2 bolts on the upper right corner. My motor had over 120k and I was losing a lot of oil, so I had to clean up the mess as well. Good luck ! If anyone has any questions for the 330 feel free to ask me.
Appreciate 0