Boston335xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston335xi View Post
How much e85 did you add to the first tank?
Based on the baby bottle test the E85 was 75% ethanol (odd, I thought it was 85% this time of year). So I added five gallons of E75 and eleven gallons of 93 octane, which should've yielded about 30% ethanol overall and around 97 octane.

Still gotta figure out where to do my data logging. Ugh.

I was out in the Southwest a week or two ago on vacation and the roads out there are absolutely amazing. I was in the desert out by the mountains, and it's just unbelievably beautiful. There's these little to no traffic roads that go from winding, hilly sections to endless visibility straights. I saw a guy out there with an Exige, pretty much the perfect car for the situation. I'll have to go back sometime just to drive.
I think you may have added a little too much e85 off the get go. When I run ethanol I do 3.5 gallons to start on the first tank and then increase it by small amounts to 5.

Try it again with adding only 3.5 and see if it does the same thing.

I'll sometimes run regular for a couple of tanks to give it a break, but when I put too much ethanol in off the bat, the car acts up as well. Might be what you experienced as well.
Appreciate 0