09-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Johnny Boost
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo335xi View Post
Just went for a drive with it installed, much quieter than I thought it was going to be. I hear a mild woosh letting off the throttle hard, and a faint whistle in the background now.

Again my car is pretty loud with the exhaust, I like the exhaust to overpower everything so it's ok so far.

With the Jb4 map 2 and 5, the car targeted higher boost levels right out of the gate, nice pleasant surprise-and this is at 70 degrees. When it reaches 50 and below, I feel the car will pull nice up top.

I grabbed one lightly used, definitely worth the try to me.
I also thought the intake was quiet when I first installed it. It is loud now and I am not sure exactly what changed. Try doing the throttle reset. That seems to increase the sound:

1. Turn cars electronics on-push start button once or twice without turning the actual engine on.
2.Hold the gas pedal to the floor for 25 seconds
3. Most times you will hear the gearbox resetting itself and hear some "noise" coming from your car but not always noticable so dont worry if you dont
4 Now start your car and enjoy the gearbox reset to its factor settings and open for all new learning.
Appreciate 0