View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #30
MIL.SPEC
Private
Rep
Drives: '05 Evo, '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
they are nothing to rave about, people are actually selling them a lot now. The springs are way to soft. Have to upgrade springs, even then they don't compare to KW2 they are about equal to a ST st best.
THe Ohlins are a great set-up, however (and this was my biggest question which you answered) I have no idea if the springs that come with the kit are the best option.

There is a guy named John Mueller who sets up cars (mostly Evos) here in SoCal and sells a bunch of Ohlins R&T kits. His shop Muellerized set up the Motons on my Evo, and he's got an in-house shock dyno.

I know he's set up a 1M with Motons and he's done a few GT-R's on the R&T's. So if you're in SoCal, he's a suspension guy you can trust to set up the car properly. And he'll find you a correct set of springs and set the dampening up accordingly. Plus, you know, he'll take you on a "Hell Ride" after your car is done to show you everything it can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
P.S inserts are a joke abd your fooling yourself if you think they make much difference. I prefer to do things right the 1st time, I do see why you suggested them....to stay in budget.
Define "joke." Filling in all that void area with firmer polyurethane can't hurt. And if they truly are a "joke," you've only wasted $50 and an hour of labor. It's a good short cut if you have a budget to keep in mind...plus, with labor M3 rear subframe bushings have effectively doubled his original budget. Whiteline sells a decent number of these because they were on national back order.

For me, with the B12 kit, the inserts should be just fine and perfect for a DD. I do not want to open a can of worms and start adding stuff to the 335i. I've already done that with the Evo. Lesson learned

Last edited by MIL.SPEC; 10-31-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0