Manxman1950
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL.SPEC View Post
Well, I am still learning this platform as I have only had my 335 for about 6 months. However, I recommended the Whiteline inserts over the M3 rear subframe bushings because the inserts are easy to do, and from what I remember (unless you're doing the labor yourself), the M3 bushings install with parts is ~$1,000.

And like other people say, real tires are a must with upgraded suspension. People love the Michelin PSS here, it seems to be the forum DD tire of choice. I am going with the Hankook RS-3's because that is the best all-around tire I've found. Love them on the Evo. Looking forward to them on the 335. I will say I do have PS-2's on the 335 at the moment, and they're a pretty good tire (although it's not like I've pushed the e92 with that stupid, super-floaty rear subframe moving around out back). Anywho...

You can do the M3 control arms like people recommend. But then you may run the danger of wanting to do more. I say that because when I was doing the Evo, I was learning about all the separate bushings and what started out as a simple idea ended up with me replacing EVERY SINGLE BUSHING on the car. If it wasn't an upgraded poly bushing, it was making sure the OEM spherical bushings were new with no play.

Now, all this advice/opinion is caveated with how much of a DIY person you are. Are you going to pay someone to do this? Or are you going to go down to Harbor Freight, buy every tool you need including presses and get it done yourself?

What I put in my original post is my "get it and forget it" setup. Because that should suit most tastes. If you end up doing more, you may end up with a set of remote reservoir Motons on your car that need to be rebuilt every 20,000 miles. Don't ask me how I know
I'm very pleased with my setup - the missing piece is an LSD, but that is proving to be difficult to source for my 335is without taking it off the road, as exchange diffs are hard to find. Don't be deterred from trying the Whiteline inserts - they make a substantial improvement for minimal investment.
2006 Z4M roadster. Interlagos Blue, black extended leather with carbon trim. Apex EC7 8.5/9.5 x 18 rims, Strong Strut brace, KW V3s with RE rear shock mounts, Vibra Tech and Rogue engine/transmission mounts, Stromung exhaust, CDV delete.
Appreciate 1