View Single Post
      01-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #36
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by russjonesr View Post
Hi guys, gave it a blast last night and got a misfire on cylinder 3, i can only presume this was down to the ethanol...perhaps the quality isn't up to scratch. I have also upgraded the charge pipe and added a tial bov since my last log so may not be comparing apples and apples as per Windymissles query. So back to the start...filled up the tank v-power, changed out plugs (already had purchased ngk 5992) and just to be sure changed the coil pack on 3 (have 3 spares at hand) so will do some runs tomorrow which will give a good base line to work from. May also bite the bullet and purchase sunoco e85 then i can be sure of the quality. Attempted a couple of runs today but too greasy! Can't attach the csv file on the forum!
Glad to see you got a chance to give it a go. I guess like any tuning any weak component meaning a cylinder can't fire quick enough to keep up will be revealed. Hope it was just a plug. I had a misfire when running the jb4. Swapped the coil packs to see if it was plug/coil pack/injector responsible and then never got one again. Maybe a loose connection? Maybe trapped water vapor? I had ordered plugs. No problem, they'll be swapped in on the next service.

I had to give map 5 a go today and I resorted to 4th gear. That worked for me but you need a good stretch. Momentum is happy on 15 to 16 psi.
Appreciate 0