View Single Post
      08-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #11
Jashley73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i 6-M/T

12,500 is high for that car, no matter what option and warranty they're going to offer. The probably have less than $8k in it, and are probably trying to screw some sucker with bad credit, who wants a "balling" car. Just my first guess anyway.

Does it have idrive? I paid $12 for my car a few months ago, which again, is probably too much for what it is, but it was the only local 6-speed/idrive 330 for sale. Otherwise I would've had to drive 6-10 hours for a car with the options I wanted, and I was willing to pay the premium for the lowest-risk option. My car also came with brand-new Conti-DWS tires, an incredible service history, and is near mint condition - so to me, it was worth the premium.

(And for those who might flame me for it, yes I know I could have bought a 335 for a few nickels more. I don't care. I chose the 330 for a few reasons and am happy with the choice.)

So if there's something special about that car, and you REALLY like it, here's what I'd do. Tell them you'll give them 11,000 cash for the car with a new water-pump and thermostat, from the shop of your choosing. Or 10,000 cash, as is. That "warranty" they're offering is worthless, because if the water pump goes, it'll be right outside of their terms. So don't count on that.

What year is your TL? Doesn't really matter though - regardless, I'd still take the 330, especially if your TL is an automatic...
Appreciate 0