malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
really? I'm an electrical and can not sell engineering services without a license...this is true for all 50 states, PR and Canada...there are corporate exemptions if you sell material, not services, but even they usually have one PE for legal purposes...
yes, really. not everyone is selling engineering services. there are sub-fields/careers in every discipline of engineering where you might need PE license. there are others where you don't need it.

Quote:
in our business, you can not even put 'engineer' on your business card until you are licensed...period...you can not make decisions without the direct supervision and concurrence of the engineer in 'responsible charge'...period
right, in your business. not everyone does your business or has a need for PE. i work for pharmaceutical industry and the only engineers that need PE are the ones involved with building construction, deal with setup of utilities inside of facilities. knowledge of FDA regulation is another beast, which has absolute ZERO relation with PE license.

Quote:
re: trust
it's earned, were you ever in the Military? until I work with someone, I will not trust them...I don't KNOW them...
family members fuk each other over all the time...a stranger of the street? come on
Are you implying meaning of trust can only be learnt in Military? Wow! If you are half way decent manager you should be able to judge whether your subordinate is doing his job or not, regardless whether he has internet at work or not. All my bosses (past and present) knew how long it takes to finish a task, because they went through same thing.

Quote:
fyi: http://www.ncees.org/exams/professional/ all the licensed disciplines...get licensed!

• PE Agricultural
• PE Architectural
• PE Chemical
• PE Civil
• PE Control Systems
• PE Electrical and Computer
• PE Environmental
• PE Fire Protection
• PE Industrial
• PE Manufacturing (This exam is not being offered after October 2003.)
• PE Mechanical
• PE Metallurgical and Materials
• PE Mining and Mineral
• PE Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
• PE Nuclear
• PE Petroleum
• PE Structural I
• PE Structural II
• PS Land Surveyor

I'm licensed in 3
elec
mech
control systems
I don't have a need to get licensed. In my field it is a not a requirement or even remotely needed. Not a single colleague of mine is PE, older or younger.
Appreciate 0