View Single Post
      07-18-2017, 01:25 AM   #1
WarrENDeatH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic Type R

Seeking Legal Advice From Strangers. Please Help

I'm posting this in the hopes of finding some sort of answer for my recent and somewhat long going woes. I figure I'd post this here, and see if you all can help me. If you have any legal experience what so ever, feel free to help.

Before I get into this, I must say the following. Please understand this much.

1. I am NOT going into this for a get rich quick scheme. I want my fair due. I never wanted to be a millionaire from this.
2. I NEVER wanted to get into this accident.

So, August of 2015 I was in a car accident in my brand new BMW. It was four days old, actually. Anyways, the guy failed to yield, looked right, I came left, and he popped me as I swerved going 55 to miss him. I denied help at the scene, but later went to Urgent Care. I waited a week, and then went to the Emergency Room. I had basically gotten several herniated discs, bruised knees, neck and what they believed was a concussion. I immediately sought council and began treatment for Physical Therapy that lasted 10 months. This was 2 times a week, as well as at least once a month a doctor visit. I had three total MRI's (200 dollars out of pocket for each).

I was medically cleared in April. At which time I told my lawyers...it took them to almost September to gain my files. From there, it dragged a bit more and I finally had a meet with them two months ago to discuss the stance of my case. At which time, I was offered 2500 total. Only one doctor wanted anything from me, the rest declined due to insurance covering. He told me basically court wouldn't be the best way to go because based off my previous medical history, and back injuries, the pre-existing overrode my case I had medical help as early as five months before the accident (despite me going to lift, literally when I got hit). I told them fine. Deposition fees and court fees would be too much (based off the information he gave me). And told him to fight for every single dollar for me. My wife went through something similar, she was low balled $400 dollars on a car accident with three weeks of physical therapy for a neck strain...she ended up with 5k in her pocket.

We fast forward to today (yesterday, sorry on third shift). NOTHING has changed. I've been trying to get a hold of him for weeks, and nothing has changed. Still same offer, and he said they aren't budging. He gave no recommendations, but you could feel he wasn't too optimistic about court, stating depositions would cost 6k and it would be expensive, and not knowing where they would side. Intuition has kicked in, making me feel like this entire situation isn't what it seems. I don't trust him, or the situation at all.

I'm wanting everyone's honest thoughts on this. Is he right? Is he not? What should I do? I've sent out two requests for new lawyers, in the hopes of hearing a second opinion. I'm a bit worried it might be too late, but I'm unsure. It isn't too late until the fat lady sings. I've signed nothing. If need be, I will fire him, but if he is right and it's a loss...then it is what it is. But I've lost almost 4k in wages due to this, and all they're covering is an urgent care visit and ER. That's it.

Thoughts!?
Appreciate 0