View Single Post
      07-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #542
rote
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Thank you much

Back in 2011 I had a '06 325i with CCC iDrive. After a couple years, sold it. Couple years later, kinda missed my E90. So I picked up a '08 328i, but no iDrive. Although not as enthusiastic with my E90 as then, missing my iDrive, I was motivated enough to do this non-iDrive to CIC retrofit. Just wanted to give a huge Thanks!! to Booster, and others like voucher76, etc. Without your detailed posts, I couldn't have done it. Booster, if you're still on here, you're a legend.

To add something new/different: i) I couldn't get the center console out / over the hand brake. So instead of running the GPS wire under the carpet, it is exposed for about 4 inches (from back of console to going under rear seat). ii) I found that I didn't have to disconnect any of the wires from underneath the driver side footwell area; just left them hanging.

I still have some coding issues but with all the major hardware and wiring out of the way, the rest is cake.

I know this is a really old thread but just wanted to say thanks again to Booster, voucher76 and all you others that have contributed over the years.
Appreciate 0