View Single Post
      04-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #67
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post

3.5k is needed. The dealer lists are all full, they (10 gtr dealerships) have all invested a lot of money and have been allocated 40 cars each. I was number 8 on the list. But apparently only 3 others and myself out of 40 want the satnav so i wont actually get my car at number 8 but will be one of the first to have a UK car with satnav.

Ive been told that on the 2nd april all orders will be put online, mine will go on 8th and A) everyone with a fully paid dippa WILL DEFO get a car in 2009.and B) nissan will email me with a delivery date/slot within 72 hours
Steve
Looks like we could be in a lottery for Delivery quote from the GTR forum (bit late for a April fool Joke so looks like it could be genuine)

According to a dealer's memo this morning, Nissan have now changed thier minds and are giving everybody on their deposit list an equal chance of getting a car, rather than the first-come first-served system that we all had originally thought they were adopting. Nissan HQ have not denied this either, they are saying that cars will be allocated on a "lottery" basis.
Frankly I think this is unfair. I have been promised by several Nissan dealers that they will be able to get me my car sooner as I am near the top of their list. Nissan HQ have said that these dealers are at fault and have been advising customers incorrectly. It simply doesnt help me. I have brought many cars previously and each time it has always been a first-come first-served basis. Nissan HQ seem to think "Nissan are different". Yep, I agree they are different in that they mislead their customers. As per the dealers and based on the misleading information/advice given by them I have placed two deposits for two cars i.e. £7000. Only to find out (after they have got my money) that they want to change their method of allocation. Which means that I(FEB 07 deposit) am in no better position than the person who placed thier order yesterday!! This is Nissan's UK HQ number to ring to complain if you like me are near the top of the deposit list or ring to congratulate if you placed your deposit yesterday 01923899334!!!