04-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #74
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Steve
Looks like we could be in a lottery for Delivery quote from the GTR forum (bit late for a April fool Joke so looks like it could be genuine)

According to a dealer's memo this morning, Nissan have now changed thier minds and are giving everybody on their deposit list an equal chance of getting a car, rather than the first-come first-served system that we all had originally thought they were adopting. Nissan HQ have not denied this either, they are saying that cars will be allocated on a "lottery" basis.
Frankly I think this is unfair. I have been promised by several Nissan dealers that they will be able to get me my car sooner as I am near the top of their list. Nissan HQ have said that these dealers are at fault and have been advising customers incorrectly. It simply doesnt help me. I have brought many cars previously and each time it has always been a first-come first-served basis. Nissan HQ seem to think "Nissan are different". Yep, I agree they are different in that they mislead their customers. As per the dealers and based on the misleading information/advice given by them I have placed two deposits for two cars i.e. £7000. Only to find out (after they have got my money) that they want to change their method of allocation. Which means that I(FEB 07 deposit) am in no better position than the person who placed thier order yesterday!! This is Nissan's UK HQ number to ring to complain if you like me are near the top of the deposit list or ring to congratulate if you placed your deposit yesterday 01923899334!!!
Real Thing, that is totally out of order the cars should be distributed in order that the dealer takes the deposits. There are 2 exceptions to this position. 1. Dealer Demo car & 2. Someone higher up the list cancels, wants to wait for new reg if close to change time or are waiting for sat nav version.

I have had 2 pre-order BMWs in my life a E46 323Ci Coupe that I ordered 1year before the model came out. I was number 1 on the dealer list but because it came out in July on a T plate I said I would take my car 1st Sept so the dealer got there demo and another car before me.
I ordered a Z4 2 years before they came out and I was no. 1 on the list and had the 1st car same time as dealer demo.

I guess they are trying to weed out the speculators from the serious punters. i.e. you won't gamble if you are a speculator as your car might come after the initial high demand period.

This is just so wrong and I would be at the dealership and on the phone to Nissan UK salesdirector with the dealerprinciple and salesmanger by your side on conference call. You have brought a place in the que - you have been told where you are and that is why you have comitted a deposit. If they want to change the rules from now on that's there choice but buyers will be aware and make there decision with the facts availible to them.

My local Porsche dealership has deposits for the next generation 911 Turbo the day the 997 Turbo came out. It's a crazy world but Nissan cannot rewrite the rules as this takes away credability.