Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Loose change to you Stevie.

You`ll have changed your mind by next year anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
There's going to be alot of Dealers sitting on a Good income (middlehurst has something like 200 Deposits) Just hope no-one goes to the wall
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Real Thing, that is totally out of order the cars should be distributed in order that the dealer takes the deposits. There are 2 exceptions to this position. 1. Dealer Demo car & 2. Someone higher up the list cancels, wants to wait for new reg if close to change time or are waiting for sat nav version.

I have had 2 pre-order BMWs in my life a E46 323Ci Coupe that I ordered 1year before the model came out. I was number 1 on the dealer list but because it came out in July on a T plate I said I would take my car 1st Sept so the dealer got there demo and another car before me.
I ordered a Z4 2 years before they came out and I was no. 1 on the list and had the 1st car same time as dealer demo.

I guess they are trying to weed out the speculators from the serious punters. i.e. you won't gamble if you are a speculator as your car might come after the initial high demand period.

This is just so wrong and I would be at the dealership and on the phone to Nissan UK salesdirector with the dealerprinciple and salesmanger by your side on conference call. You have brought a place in the que - you have been told where you are and that is why you have comitted a deposit. If they want to change the rules from now on that's there choice but buyers will be aware and make there decision with the facts availible to them.

My local Porsche dealership has deposits for the next generation 911 Turbo the day the 997 Turbo came out. It's a crazy world but Nissan cannot rewrite the rules as this takes away credability.
well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Nissan have made a great Car but from Day one I don't think there've had any idea how to market it (I think there still on the playstation with Gran Turismo)
seems bananas all this. and on top of this we in the UK have to wait 18 months for SATNAV @1900 squid when cars in the USA and Japan the satnav is standard... aaaaaaaggrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!

still want one like