View Single Post
      12-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #63
ATLBMW2021
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i; 2013 X5 35d

I am out of ideas. I have a 2008 328i (E92). I drove it a few weeks ago for emissions everything seemed fine. When I went to drive it a couple weeks later, I could not start the car. I put it on a trickle charger over night. The car had some power, but would not start. Lights were dimmed and headlights came on, windows released down to open doors, so definitely some power. I pulled the battery and had it tested, and it was below the charge needed after a week of charging, and with it being 7 years old, I bought a new one from the dealer. The exact replacement went in and nothing. No power whatsoever. There is no electrical system working at all. After reading through the threads, and learning of BMW Recall :13v044, I started the process for the fuse box check. Jiggling the cable did nothing, so I removed the globe box and JB. The good news is the recall was completed on my car and the new spliced cable has a metal connection to the fuse box. I cannot see any damage on the terminals, and have checked the fuses and all appear ok. I check that the battery has voltage, and the cables have current at the battery and at the fuse box terminal. I am not sure what else I could check. I have read it could be what has been referred to as the JBE that connects to the bottom of the JB or the footwell module on the driver side. With no power, I cannot complete a scan, so I am wondering if there are any other steps or areas to consider. Would the footwell module on the driver's side cause a complete electronic failure or is that only at the fuse box? Any help is greatly appreciated as the car is stranded in the garage. I have read through the threads, and cannot find anything else to tackle
Appreciate 0