View Single Post
      12-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #64
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBMW2021 View Post
... 2008 328i (E92)... When I went to drive it a couple weeks later, I could not start the car. I put it on a trickle charger over night. The car had some power, but would not start. [Need Voltage measured at (1) Jumpstart Terminals under Hood; (2) At Battery Posts; AND (3) at Red B+ Cable connector to Right Side of JB Fuse Panel.] Lights were dimmed and headlights came on, windows released down to open doors, so definitely some power. I pulled the battery and had it tested, and it was below the charge needed after a week of charging [WHAT was the voltage measured???], and with it being 7 years old, I bought a new one from the dealer. The exact replacement went in and nothing. No power whatsoever. [What was measured and WHERE???] There is no electrical system working at all. [Not even what worked BEFORE removing the OLD Battery?]
... I check that the battery has voltage, and the cables have current at the battery and at the fuse box terminal. [WHAT did you check EXACTLY, HOW did you check it, and WHAT were the Voltage readings???]... With no power, I cannot complete a scan [Do you have a Scan Tool or Diagnostic Software? If so, Brand & Model?]
Questions:
1) Do you have a multimeter? If not, $7 @ HFT; $10 @ Amazon.
2) What Voltage is read at the Jumpstart Terminals under the hood?
3) What Voltage is read at the Battery POSTS (NOT the terminals that connect to the posts) in the Trunk/Cargo Area?
4) What Voltage is read at the Large Red B+ Cable that connects to Right side of JB Fuse Box?
5) Do you have a Battery Charger that can provide 6-Amp or 10-Amp charge rate?
6) Do you have a Scan Tool or Diagnostic Software? If so, Make & Model, or name such as INPA or ISTA.
7) When you open door, do interior lights come on?
8) When you put Remote Key in Insert Compartment does Radio play? Do Brake Lights light? Does warning chime sound if driver door open?
9) When you press START without pressing Brake/Clutch, does instrument panel light-up?
10) Does your vehicle have Comfort Access?
11) What are the Last-7 Characters of your VIN, so we can provide ISTA wiring diagrams for YOUR vehicle?
George
Appreciate 0