THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Talking SergeiServer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
I've got to say with absolutely no disrespect to coodem that there are a fraction of the speed cameras listed, to the extent that even those on the gantrys around the M25 aren't showing. I'd advise people to get Sergeis.

Not sure if it was my burn of coodems disk, but at a point of the M40 both ways the disk said it couldn't be read and needed to be ejected.
Incorporating up-to-date POIs on a modified nav disc is always going to be a pain, unfortunately.

Sergei Industries has allegedly made use of multiple POI database sources, as it's probably better to be 'safe' than 'sorry'.

The next-generation iDrive will almost certainly incorporate a hard drive based navigation system- its inclusion is certainly intended to make data 'pilfering' more difficult.

However, if BMW & Navteq could be bothered enough to 'open their eyes', they'd see that this would be a lovely way of allowing users to incorporate & update their own POI category databases.
Imagine being able to plug your USB key into your Mac/PC to save your new POI list of speedcams, plugging it into your 6FL port, having the data transfer onto the car's HD & having a new list of POIs.

Even better- what about setting up the MyInfo service on the Assist menu to automatically download the latest xml data from the E90Post UK Forum's 'Sergei Server'?!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  28.9 KB

..technology would be great if people weren't involved!

Viv

Appreciate 0