Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [9.00]
2020 BMW X3 M  [9.25]
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
2016 Mini Cooper  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55lif3 View Post
08 N54 here with build date 02/08

I have these two codes and the car shows me the yellow and red coolant warnings after driving for 5-10mins. It does not initiate the bleed procedure with gas pedal method.

The heating in the car also does not work. Only blows cold air

I checked the 50A fuse in the dme box and it was good. I unplugged ibs, alternator, oil level sensor, one at a time and it still wouldn’t work and would show me these same codes.

I then am now in the process of putting a new pump and thermostat. I plugged in the pump without connecting any hoses to see if the codes go away. It’s still there. I also tried to bleed the pump while it was out in the open just to see if it would even initiate and it still doesn’t.

I’m lost !
I experienced something similar on a friend's car. Check the wiring harness going to the pump/alternator for any damage, as well as the connectors for the alternator and pump. If any connector doesn't look perfect, replace it. You either have a short or a bad BSD decoder on your DME.

Also it goes without saying, don't drive, you don't have coolant circulating so it will boil and blow stuff up very fast.
Appreciate 0