06-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #31
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_SVT View Post
There is one thing that is definatley shady about Dinans advertising that I noticed from the time the original flash came out compared to when the revision was released. If you look at the original press release from Dinan it states that the 384fwhp and 421fwtq was done on a completly stock car, NO EXHAUST. If you look at figure 1 in the press release it states "Figure 1. Dyno results for a stock 335i vs. Dinan 335i (software tuning only)". Now the claims in figure 2 state you get 392fwhp and 429fwtq with free flow exhaust. The press release specifically states "Figure 2. Dyno results for a stock 335i versus the Dinan 335i (software, x pipe and exhaust)".

Now lets look at what Dinan is now advertising on thier website for the Stage II rev 2 flash. The description reads "The results of Dinan’s tuning are nothing short of breathtaking, with the added boost and related recalibration along with the Dinan Free Flow Exhaust producing maximum output of 384 horsepower at 5700 rpm and 421 lb-ft torque at 4300 rpm*. " So now you mean to tell me when I purchased my original flash we were all under the impression that I would get the advertised horsepower without an exhaust. Since the revision has been released it now specifically states that the exhaust is needed to achieve the advertised HP. Now I am no lawyer but that is a little misleading if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Dinan tune but that seems a little shady to me.
Here you go Wicked, nice catch BTW.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Press Release 335i software REV A EDITED.pdf (76.4 KB, 111 views)