View Single Post
      06-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #39
StarrDlux
Pussycat's Meow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i montego | Stock

lets wait and see when winter falls and its freezing outside how the numbers look.

if you've existed in boost heritage all your life you damn well know this crap gas and hot season is the worst time of ownership. hell i'd never own a turbo if i could only drive it in the summer (ATL). It's winter time when the fun really begins.

fwiw my stage 1+ apr makes about +0whp in this hot temperature and about 40ft/lb peak torque gain (small turbos make an inverted torque curve) but in winter that goes up to about +40whp and +90wft/lb beause the heatsoak kills. This 10% ethanol which is going to increase no matter what is about as assy as the oxygenated 91 that california folks had back in the days. do you think dinan really imports 93 octane to morgan-hill to rock out? i can understand fresh 100 octane but there's no science to rolling your own octane and throwing a chip out.

It's pretty clear that folks who are de-tuning their map aggressiveness on their piggybacks are getting more power; that says something about the initial design. Why would you design a piggyback that requires you to detune it in summer to make more power? Oh perhaps they forgot to pull timing enough using the AIT/Coolant sensor in the first place? Or perhaps something has changed around the world (heat,effective octane) that is just making power suck.

Wouldn't suprise me if they took a can of R134a/co2/nitrous and hit the intercooler to get a good dyno to sell numbers (and i'm talking about everyone).

Give it some time to cool off to winter, you'll get your power back. It's been the same way for me for the last 10 years between supercharged and turbo (and twin-charged).

Nice thing about all motor its consistent even when you hotlap it. had alot of fun with the LS1 could run 20 hotlaps with zero staging time and click off the same numbers(automatic) every run. I wouldn't even go there with the 335i as i don't think running oil near shear temp (275 for most synthetics) at 15K interval is sane.
Appreciate 0