danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
BS its the xi-suspension. And who ever posted above me, softer suspension translates into more energy absorbtion by the fluid in the shock, thus a numming affect occurs. A stiffer set up creates a harsher ride.

Tires definitely have something to do with it. RFT's are known for having a more harsh ride. Also, the 335 utilitzes very high body sensitivity values and the front suspension is designed to let the driver know what type of pavement is below.

Easy solution: if you see a bump/dip in the road, drive around it, thats why you have a steering wheel.
this has nothing to do with ride quality. the topic is about the handling and the car's inability to cope with high speed or sudden changes in road levels (i.e. hill undulations). What do tires have anything to do with the car when the car is airborne?

anyways, yes, the xi suspension sucks as does the ride height. If the ride height weren't so high, i dont think it would be THAT big of a deal, but it seems that all xi cars ride around in stilts (hence the handling issues). What I don't understand is why only BMWs raise the ride height. Audi and their Quattro systems don't seem to have the 4x4 ride height issues.

Oh, and another thing, don't buy springs alone. As of this point, I'm SOO tempted to just by springs (financial situation won't allow me to buy coilovers), however, there are still horror stories going around with springs busting the OEM shocks. As of this point, shocks + springs aren't an option since no shocks are available for the xi.

And coilovers are too damn expensive (i.e. KW3). H&R? Who knows when those will come out...
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0