View Single Post
      02-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
this is a good thread - im actually looking at a second car.

didnt know that you could get an integra type R in ths US - I'd love to have one!
Is this real?? http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1029695882.html

I almost completely forgot about the SRT4 and protege - i wonder how good a bargain they are in the used car market?

I would love to add the Porsche 944 turbo - i'm not sure if that falls under 'flew under the radar' though.

I had an 86 that I bought cheap, put a new turbo and stuff in it and it was the most fun car i've ever had (i dare say more fun than the 335i). The handling was great, the noise, the driving position was PERFECT, the looks and it was cheap
At the moment you can pick up an SRT-4 for under $10,000 bucks with decent mileage. 2003's are dirt cheap but do not come with an LSD but it can be added cheap. These cars do not crumble in higher mileage either, the engines and drivetrain components stay strong I know guys with over 125,000 miles on them still going strong at 400+ WHP.

The Celica GT-S is a VERY good autocross car, handling is sublime especially with the right tweaks. Though I don't agree with ALL of these I think we have the right frame of mind going into this thread.

I will add another:

1991 Nissan SE-R:

Engine : 4-cylinder, DOHC, front engine FWD
Displacement : 1,975 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd manual, 4-spd automatic

Horsepower : 140 hp @ 6000 rpm
Torque : 133 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
0-60 mph : 7.6 sec.

Curb Weight : 2469-2520 lbs
Overall length : 170.3 in.
Wheelbase : 95.7 in.
Overall Width : 65.7 in.
Height : 53.0 in.

Very solid on the track with small tweaks and the car loved boost. I believe the SR20DE engine came with it, though hard to find it is extremely reliable and cheap.

I think people need to start paying more attention to not having the latest and greatest and focusing on building and driving more, more track activity and less bolt on courage.
Appreciate 0