10-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #96
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3
^^ Because it has been proven to not meet BMW specs for recommended oil.

300B - Why do you feel the owners manual is the holy grail? You just keep saying the owners manual says so, over and over again. E90Fleet has provided more than enough information (different sources as well) to show that what he is saying is the case. Personally I would believe an internal BMW service system/document before the owners manual. The owners manual is a static document with possible errors, while the service info is fluid and realtime. It contains the latest information.

I don't care if you run Mobil1 5-30 in your car. I hope it works out for you. The rest of us will go with BMW factory oil or Mobil1 0-40. I think it is time to agree to disagree.

Mobil 1 5-30 or 0-40 may or may not meet (i really don't know all the facts) BMW's requirements if you keep it in your engine for 15K miles, however for people like myself who changes their oil every 5K miles I don't see anything wrong with it. I know it is a completely different engine but we went through this whole thing w/ my girlfriends MINI Cooper S where MINI is recomending only MINI Engine Oil.... I have been doing inbetween oil changes on the MINI using Mobil 1 and we had zero problems for far......And I have talked to couple of MINI & BMW tech's on the side and they all gave me the for Mobil 1..... I have been using this stuff for years and no complains so far..... My 335 will be getting oil changes every 5 miles most likely with Mobil 1.......But like I said using the right oil down to detail might be important if you keep it in your engine for over 15K miles which will never be the case for me.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0