View Single Post
      04-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #57
BMW Lover
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i

Hi there,

Does iPod Retrofit kit part number 65410427467 work on Proffesional Radio without idrive and Nav or CD changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycoops View Post
I am new to the forum, but have been keeping an eye on anything relating to iPod retrofit. I emailed BMW this week based on this thread and have had it confirmed that the iPod retrofit will work for my E91 with Professional Nav, I have pasted the core of the email below and can confirm that I am having this fitted on Friday this week and will feedback the results!

Thank you for your email to BMW Customer Information.

We are pleased to confirm that we do supply a fully integrated retrofit kit to allow you to connect an iPod to your BMW.

Over the past 18 months, BMW has been working in close co-operation with Apple in order to create an iPod connector solution which will allow full integration of the iPod MP3 player into the new generation of BMW models.

The result of this close relationship is an advanced connector system which allows full iPod functionality via BMW’s innovative i-Drive control. This allows display of the iPods’ musical content onto the vehicles on board display (dependent on vehicle specification), or directly onto the radio display with control via the audio system or multi-function steering wheel (if equipped).

The new iPod interface will allow connection of the Apple iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini and iPod video.

The music stored on the iPod (up to a 15,000 songs) can be played via the audio system whilst also providing a charging facility for the iPod’s internal battery. By selecting genres, artists, albums or play lists or Pod casts, it is possible to access your entire music collection at any time.

The iPod interface supports the following functions:

• Playback of all tracks stored in the iPod

• Operation of the iPod interface via i-Drive controller, multi-function steering wheel or radio

• Track search by artist, album, play list or genre using the on-board monitor or radio display

• Podcast playback

• SC/SCAN: Play the tracks in the current list for 10 seconds each

• RND/RANDOM: Random playback of all tracks stored in the iPod

• RPT/REPEAT: Repeat the current track

• Track jump: Jump to the next or previous track

• Fast forward

• Display of detailed information about the current track (artist and time index)

• Charge the iPod battery

The iPod interface can be connected with the following equipment:

- E87/E90 Professional radio (SA663), Business navigation (SA606) or Professional navigation (SA609)

- E6x Business radio, Professional radio (SA663), Business navigation (SA606) or Professional navigation (SA609) car.

The iPod connector is located in the glove compartment in all vehicles. Once connected to the iPod unit it can be stowed away without the need for any further interaction.

If the iPod interface is retrofitted to a car with a BMW CD changer (SA672), the CD changer must be disconnected at the CD Changer first. It is not possible to operate the BMW CD changer (SA672) and the iPod interface at the same time.

Prices for the kit are as follows:

Part number Model Description RRP inc VAT

65 41 0 412 881 E87, E90, 91, E92, E65 £195.00

65 41 0 412 881 E60, E61, E63, E64 without CDC (SA672)/(SA694) £195.00

65 41 0 415 655 E60, E61, E63, E64 with CDC (SA672)/(SA694) £195.00

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0