View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #42
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
why would you remove the limiter? and exactly where can you go over 155 mph? seems kinda pointless IMO.

maybe if we had an autobahn here!
A Dyno (but most are limited to 200mp/h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
If you guys email them/ask maybe a few functions can be migrated over to the enthusiast version. Never hurts to ask.

I still think the Enthusiast version is a GREAT deal, considering the price of most things for our cars. The above point on where do you draw the line is a valid one. Is it worth the extra 500.00 for just unlimited vins? if the enthusiast version got all the features... probably not. Once development of the new features is more complete i wouldn't be surprised if some found their way to the enthusiast version.

MIke
While I agree - I think they are already limiting functions between enthusiasts versus proffessional with the VIN lock down. Hell I would take a 1 VIN lock to have parity in features between the tools. The sales they would get selling individual tools would more than offset the loss of $500 bucks for the professional version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMETune View Post
This is an interesting development for sure.

Keep in mind a few things, though.

- Coding is not the same as Programming.
- These four options are hard-coded into the DME, so no alternate value will be accepted by the DME through this method.
- This coding option can only be set within the first few hours of a BMW's life. After this time has expired, the DME will not accept a different "code."

Scott
So you are saying the 'delimiter' defeat doesn't really work on the BT tool because you tested it or because you read it somewhere on the internet and it must be true?
Appreciate 0